1. CI will make you very unhappy if you are committed to being a starving artist or struggling entrepreneur. For those that have an addiction to mediocrity, uncovering your excellence just won’t be any fun at all. Stay away.
2. You will feel unwelcome. CI is all about creating in the present moment – which requires welcoming the unknown. If you’re unwilling to explore the unknown, CI is not for you. By the way, each moment you create within has the guaranteed built in feature of… You guessed it – the unknown. Do you know what’s going to happen in 5 minutes from now? Not really. Don’t sign up for anything CI unless you want to party with the adventure of the unknown.
3. You’ll have to pay a lot. Every time you go out with your friends, they’re going to look to you to pay the bill, because CI tends to raise how much money you’re going to make. If you don’t want more financial success – avoid CI at all costs.
4. All your hard work down the toilet. Yup, all those genius ideas you came up with about how to play that scene, or give that presentation will all be tossed out the window. Because with CI, you’re going to learn to create and present from the truth of the moment – not the ideas of the past.
5. It’s way too challenging. Yea, that’s what your mind might say when you first learn the Committed Impulse warm up exercise, The Series. Even though after a few classes you may crave doing The Series, in the beginning it’s just plain ol’ challenging. Can anyone do it – absolutely – whether you’re 70 years old or 19, it will challenge you exactly where you’re at. This state-of-the-art physical training is designed to make you present, alert, focused, and relaxed, if only it wasn’t challenging.
6. You’re not going to like it if you’re committed to things not working out. Sorry, but you’re going to discover that your mind has played some pretty nasty tricks with you. You may even discover that everything is really awesome. But, how can you justify all that wasted time complaining?
7. It’ll feel really yucky. CI is all about increasing your tolerance for the full spectrum of sensations in your body. Yup, even nervousness. We’ve found that if you can welcome any sensation or emotion, then you become creatively invincible. So, the emotions that you now label as “Yucky,” will become something that you no longer have to dread. Sorry.
8. What a waste of money. Oh boy, all that money you spent on acting school was just an investment in old school approaches that are logical – but don’t produce work that is fun and fun to watch. And, yup, all those courses you took to give a great talk from the stage, or be empowered in the boardroom… uhh… well… maybe you met some hot peeps there.
And, if this didn’t scare you away, and ya want to join in on the fun, well, ya better sign up while there are still some spots open. CI courses always sell out.
The early bird…