(Note: read each little paragraph – then look up from your screen and experiment – then go to the next paragraph.)
Wherever you are, become aware of your vision.
Are you laser-focused on one spot?
Are you barely aware of what your eyes are absorbing?
Just notice your starting place.
No judgment – just awareness.
Shift your vision to peripheral vision.
See as wide as you can.
Without moving your head – take in what is to your right and left.
Include what is above you and below you.
Vision is wide.
Take 5 breaths as you do this.
Take a moment, look up, and notice what this does to you.
Now, shift your attention to your body.
Play with the image of a large piece of seaweed at the bottom of the ocean moving very slowly.
Allow everything inside your body to flow.
See if you can experience all the fluid effortlessly moving inside your body.
Melt away any internal resistance.
Invite this flowing energy into your body as you keep your vision wide.
Take 10 or more smooth breaths.
Did you notice how this shifted you?
I’ll bet you feel at least somewhat different.
YOU JUST PLAYED WITH AN INNER ATOMIC, MY FRIEND.
The Inner Atomics are the most powerful and useful cutting edge tools to create a character. Period.
Learning all the Inner Atomics is going to…
- Give you the tools to create any character in any medium
- Give you the ability to make bold choices
- Give you the ability to immediately integrate notes a casting director gives in the room
- Instantly generate spontaneous organic behavior
- Reveal elements of YOU into the character you’re creating
- Give you the key to embodying elements of yourself that you wish you could access 24/7
- A way of creating that requires commitment but leads to effortlessness
- An advantage over other actors that are still using old school approaches to acting
- Make acting fun again
And leave a comment, let us know, how did the experiment above impact you?
Did you feel the shift? How would you describe what shifted?
ps: If you haven’t already, join us on our CI Facebook group page for more impromptu acting workshop experiments and tips. 😉